Vaccinations are one of the simplest methods of disease prevention. Book an appointment to get immunized or to review your immunization record.
- Click here to view the OHIP-covered vaccination schedule.
- Click here to view immunization information from Toronto Public Health.
The following vaccinations are not covered by OHIP but go a long way to reducing the possibility of serious illness. If applicable, they will be discussed at your next appointment.
- Bexsero. Recommended from infancy to age 17. Protects against a strain of meningitis B distinct from the type of meningitis covered by OHIP vaccinations.
- Gardasil. This vaccination is OHIP-covered for females under 20, but it is recommended for females ages 9-45 and males ages 9-26. Protects against several cancers, including rectal, anal, and cervical cancer.
- Prevnar 13. Approved for adults 50 and over. Protects against thirteen common strains of pneumonia.
- Zostavax. Recommended for adults 50 and over. Protects against shingles/zoster.