The following programs are OHIP covered unless otherwise indicated and will be discussed at your next appointment if applicable.
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Option (A) Colonoscopy: Usually done every 8-10 years for men and women from age 50.
Option (B) Home Test: A simple stool test that can be done at home. For men and women from age 50. Provides less accurate results. A good option for those who wish to avoid colonoscopy.
- Breast cancer screening
- Ultrasound of the breasts, called mammograms, should be done every 1-2 years for women ages 50-69 or younger under specific circumstances.
- Cervical cancer screening
- Pap smears should be done every three years for women ages 23-69 who have been sexually active. Additional HPV screening option should be done every 5 years from age 30 and is not covered by OHIP.
- Lung cancer screening
- Low-dose CT chest scans should be done for heavy and long-term smokers.